It turned out that I got an approval for H1B petition in June and I’m about to visit Vietnam for winter holiday.
I need to prepare all the required documents for the visa interview as the timing gives me less than a month to be ready.
Step 1: Get all documents ready
- Passport photograph
- H1B visa application form DS-160
- Receipt of application fee
- Documents for H petition
- I-797 A,B or C
- I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant worker
- H Classification Supplement to Form I-129
- H-1B Data Collection and Filing Fee Exemption Supplement
- Labor Condition Application for H-1B & H-1B1 Non immigrants
- H1B Visa Petition letter provided by your employer
- Employment Verification letter
- Pay stubs atleast last 3 months
- Monthly bank statements (last 3 months), Bank of America provides Immigration Letter.
- Visa Interview Fees slips
Step 2: Book an interview at the US consulate in HCM city. Do not hesitate to book early since last time I didn’t get the desired time and was spending half a day waiting in line.
Step 3: Bring all required documents and prepare for the interview.